Classroom Go Arounds

One thing my students alerted me to pretty early on in the term is the tradition of go-arounds to start the class! This has been a really fun way to get to know my students and bring up conversation starters later during downtime.

One of my favorites has been "describe your favorite pair of socks". I had so many distinct answers from "I only wear black Nike midcalf socks I have 100 pairs" to "A pair of stripey ones that are really worn out but I got them from my grandmother who's since passed so they're really important to me". It also allows my students to come up with creative ways to start class. Sometimes the conversation can get away from us, but as the teacher, I don't actually mind because it means they're interacting with each other instead of their devices!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highs and Lows