Music In the Classroom


Since some of our brain research focused on using music in the classroom, I decided to try it in my classes. I only used my U.S. History class which meets every other day.
The first time I used it, I did so while they were walking in to the room and it was ONLY on my computer. Not super effective.
The second time I did it, they were doing independent work and it was over the speakers. They sang a long to my "Songs to Sing in the Shower" playlist, but sometimes got distracted and asked me for a new song. My response was "I'm your teacher I'm not a DJ". This seemed to let them know I was here for academic purposes and they could earn the tunes. I think they liked it! I'll try again after MEA with a new type of music.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highs and Lows