Staving off a Would-Be Snow Day

I work at private school. If my readers know anything about private school, it's that they essentially call all the shots. On everything. Today, almost every other district and school in the Twin Cities had a snow day. We did not. It was our Canadian headmaster's call. So be it! To get my students energized first period, we played a little game.

What:

  • Played 13
  • We stood in a circle and we can each say up to 3 numbers in order from 1-13. 
  • Whoever 13 lands on is "out". We play till there's a winner.
So What:
  • We got a little competitive and energized!
  • I saw some sleepy faces when I got in the room this morning, but we needed to do a lot of research so I had to get them awake.
Now What:
  • I want to do an energizer even when it isn't a crappy weather day outside.
  • I want to find more to be age appropriate, though this was a really quick and fun one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highs and Lows