Carrying over my action research


  1. Evidence is definitely required for this comparison of different sections of the same class doing the same Harkness discussion.
  2. Who: my students with whom I was not doing my action research. What: monitoring discussion equity with the same app I used for my other class. When: the same day I monitored discussion for my experimental class
  3. These students were naturally much more equitable than my experimental class. They had an equity rating of roughly 80%, while my experimental class had one of 67%!
  4. I think this happened because they are naturally a more equitible class, and since I wanted to promote equity in my other, experimental class, these were the results I expected from this section (periods 5 and 7, my experimental class was period 8)
  5. since we are done with Harkness discussions for the quarter, I shared this information with all classes by first asking how they think they did. They were all pleasantly surprised with their equity levels, and period 8 was not at all. We will work next quarter on continuing to hear student voice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highs and Lows