Becoming!

Being part of this book club group has forced me to read outside of school again. I forget how much I like it, and how good I am at reading! I'm a quick reader but still good at comprehension, so I'm whizzing through this book. I love how Michelle Obama reflects on her time growing up, drawing comparisons to the Chicago I know and the one she knows. She isn't as much of an obvious leader as some of the other book's author's are, but she has a quiet persistence and stubbornness about her that makes her a leader in my mind. She didn't let anyone tell her "no" when she wanted to go to the top schools, and she also didn't stay in a career that made her unhappy. This, to me, is what a leader does: shows how to live a life by example.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highs and Lows